Connect with us and contribute to research in your region
The national Patient Recruitment Centre initiative is purpose-designed to increase the UK’s capacity to deliver late-phase commercial clinical research and attract more studies to our region.
Partnerships and collaborations across the health sector in our region are a key feature of our operating model. These connections, which include primary, secondary, community and social care organisations, extend our recruitment reach far beyond the Newcastle upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. This means that we can provide more opportunities for more people to access cutting edge treatments and therapies.
Partnering with us
Our most valued partnership is with our patients and our local communities. We aim to provide an enhanced patient experience through our excellent facilities and by continually listening and responding to patient feedback. Here at PRC: Newcastle we have access to all NHS support services, easy parking and convenient public transport connections.
- We collaborate with experienced specialist consultants, acting as Principal Investigators on relevant studies, as well as the wider research community across the North East and North Cumbria. Our centre supports the delivery of research across a number of therapeutic areas, however, we specialise in recruitment to trials in common chronic conditions. We do this through our innovative approaches to engaging potential participants, such as via our Research+Me Register - a register which empowers people to volunteer to take part in research.
- Patient Identification Centre (PIC) sites are facilitated through partnerships with Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and the local Clinical Research Network North East and North Cumbria which covers the GP registered population across the region. We want to reach a diverse range of participants from across the region and welcome GP referrals as well as direct enquiries if a trial is relevant.
- Many of the clinical research trials we support will address common chronic conditions. We are keen to connect with condition-specific charities, community groups and voluntary organisations that support people with these conditions in their daily lives.
- We encourage employers and local business communities to explore the benefits that participation in clinical research trials can have on the well being of employees.
- We are committed to welcoming a diverse range of participants and to making research accessible to all. We want all our research participants to have a positive experience.
Get in touch
We’d love to explore how we can work with you and your organisation:
- Email: nuth.PRCNewcastle@nhs.net
- Patient Recruitment Centre: Blackpool
- Patient Recruitment Centre: Bradford
- Patient Recruitment Centre: Exeter
- Patient Recruitment Centre: Leicester
- North East & North Cumbria LCRN
- The Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Newcastle Joint Research Office
- ResearchPlusMe Registry
- Be Part of Research
- COVID-19 Vaccine Registry