Reaching diverse communities for COVID-19 vaccine research
NHS researchers across the North East and North Cumbria are working together to develop more vaccines for COVID-19. It is possible that vaccines will work differently for different groups of people and we therefore need people of all ages, communities, ethnicities and backgrounds to participate in vaccine research.
NIHR Clinical Research Network North East and North Cumbria has recorded a number of videos in a range of languages about how you can help this research by signing up to the COVID-19 Vaccine Research Registry. The videos feature staff working in health and social care explaining vaccine safety standards and the importance of vaccine research in the fight against COVID-19. The videos also reinforce the importance of having a vaccine when you are offered one by the NHS.
Please help us reach as many diverse audiences as possible by sharing these videos widely:
- Shubhralina Sriram (Bengali): COVID-19 কে পরাস্ত করতে please আমাদের সাহায্য করুন
- Swapna Banerjee (Bengali): COVID-19 কে পরাস্ত করতে please আমাদের সাহায্য করুন
- Chris Speed (English): Help us beat COVID-19
- Anant Kamat (Hindi): कृपया हमें COVID-19 को हराने में मदद करें
- Agnieszka Danson (Polish) - Pomóż nam pokonać Covid 19
- Gabriela Caradon (Romanian) - Vă rugăm să ne ajutați să învingem COVID-19
- Poonam Singh (Punjabi) - ਕਿਰਪਾ ਕਰਕੇ ਕੋਵਿਡ ੧੯ ਨਾਲ ਲੜਨ ਵਿਚ ਸਾਡੀ ਸਹਾਇਤਾ ਕਰੋ
Chris Speed, Deputy Chief Operating Officer, said: "I am delighted that we have worked with colleagues across the region to produce these resources. They were driven by the unmet needs identified by some of the communities we serve. Our users advised us on what supporting materials they needed to share this important ongoing work with their friends, family and community. Research into vaccines for COVID needs to continue, I hope that these videos will allow us to spread this important message more widely."