Nominations now open for NIHR CRN Greater Manchester’s Evening of Excellence
Nominations are now open for a special celebration acknowledging the staff behind the incredible health and care research that has taken place in Greater Manchester during the pandemic.
NIHR Clinical Research Network (CRN) Greater Manchester is delighted to launch NIHR CRN Greater Manchester’s Evening of Excellence, sponsored by Syneos Health.
The spectacle will recognise the valuable achievements made in the delivery of COVID-19 and non-COVID research during the period March 2020 to August 2021. This special edition replaces the Greater Manchester Clinical Research Awards, which have run since 2013 and which we hope to restore in 2022.
Nominations are open now and will close on Friday 24 September 2021. They are open to individuals and teams in research delivery across Greater Manchester, East Cheshire and East Lancashire.
This year’s celebration will work a little differently:
- Instead of a face-to-ceremony for finalists and guests, the celebration will be recorded in advance and streamed online on the evening of Thursday November 18. The entire local research community will be invited to log-on for an evening celebrating our region’s fantastic work.
- Winners will not be selected. Instead, a shortlist of finalists in each category will be recognised in equal measure.
- The categories have changed. They are based around themes of performance and behaviours, rather than job roles.
- The nomination process has changed. Nominations will be submitted via 60-second video submissions.
Submit your nominations now
You can nominate an individual or team by recording a video submission and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can send your video by WhatsApp to 0783 544 8359.
Videos should not be longer than 60 seconds in duration and be accompanied by the following written information:
- Your chosen category (see below for details).
- The name, job title, employer organisation, and contact details of the person or team nominated.
- Your name and contact details.
Please note, where a nominee is shortlisted for a category, the submitted video file will be incorporated into the final video package which is streamed on the night of the celebration. Therefore, video submissions should follow these simple rules to ensure suitability.
Drop-in sessions for submission tips
For anyone who would appreciate guidance on how to submit a video nomination, we are running drop-in sessions to give some simple tips. They will take place online, via Google Meet, on:
There are 12 categories. Read more about the criteria we're looking for.
- Commendations for Adaptive Working
- Exceptional Leadership in Delivery
- Innovation Influencers
- Compelling Collaborators
- Community Catalysts
- Inspiring Inclusive Involvement
- Trailblazers in COVID-19 research response
- Remarkable Contributions to Recovery
- Exceptional Experiences
- Recognising Outstanding Engagement
- Special Recognition for Services to Research
Submissions are open to all people or teams in Greater Manchester, East Cheshire and East Lancashire who receive NIHR funding and/or support NIHR Portfolio studies. We are looking for achievements and successes made between March 2020 and August 2021.
Entries must be submitted by 5pm on Friday 24 September 2021.
Sarah Fallon, Chief Operating Officer of NIHR Clinical Research Network Greater Manchester, said:
“Our Greater Manchester research community should be very proud of the way we have met the COVID-19 pandemic head-on amid the most difficult circumstances our health and care services have ever known.
“Through our Evening of Excellence we aim to celebrate the exceptional contributions that individuals and teams in our region have made during these past 18 months which have presented so many unique challenges for everyone.
“Like many things since coronavirus emerged, we’re doing things a little differently with this year’s event. But we’re as excited as ever to hear about the amazing individual and team accomplishments - in both COVID and non-COVID research delivery - from across our network and we look forward to welcoming everyone to our first ever virtual celebration.
“Keep an eye out for upcoming communications on how you can engage with this special event as we reveal more information in the coming weeks.”