We support research in 30 health specialities and also social care and public health research.
Each specialty is made up of expert leaders and practitioners who work at both national and local levels to ensure that studies are delivered successfully and to promote awareness of research opportunities for participants to take part in.
The specialty groups also support the dialogue between the life sciences industry and charities to ensure the pipeline of research studies and to facilitate the involvement of participants to make research more effective. Visit the main NIHR website to find out what is happening nationally in the different specialties.
Within Clinical Research Network (CRN) Kent, Surrey and Sussex our Research Delivery Managers manage the delivery of these specialties across our region.
- Ageing: Natalie Billington
- Anaesthesia, Perioperative Medicine and Pain Management: Jane Hanson
- Cancer: Helen Graham
- Cardiovascular disease: Kala Ratnajothy
- Children and Young People: Helen Membrey
- Critical Care: Jane Hanson
- Dementias: Helen Membrey
- Dermatology: Helen Membrey
- Diabetes: Kala Ratnajothy
- Ear, Nose and Throat: Jane Hanson
- Gastroenterology: Jane Hanson
- Genomics and Rare Diseases: Helen Membrey
- Haematology: Helen Membrey
- Health Services Research: Becky Dilley
- Infection: Jane Hanson
- Kidney disorders (Renal): Kala Ratnajothy
- Liver (Hepatology): Jane Hanson
- Mental Health: Helen Membrey
- Metabolic and Endocrine Disorders: Kala Ratnajothy
- Musculoskeletal Disorders: James Porreca
- Neurodegeneration: Kala Ratnajothy
- Neurological Disorders: Kala Ratnajothy
- Ophthalmology: Jane Hanson
- Oral and Dental Health: Becky Dilley and Natalie Billington
- Primary Care: Becky Dilley and Natalie Billington
- Public Health and Prevention: Becky Dilley
- Reproductive Health: Helen Membrey
- Respiratory Disorders: Jane Hanson
- Social Care: Becky Dilley
- Stroke: Kala Ratnajothy
- Surgery: Jane Hanson
- Trauma & Emergency Care: Jane Hanson
Contact our Research Delivery Managers
Research Delivery Managers can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.