Workforce, Learning and Development
Our Workforce, Learning and Development Team for Greater Manchester and North West Coast works to promote research as an attractive career option within health and social care.
Working with colleagues across the region, we support a number of national, North of England and Greater Manchester learning and development initiatives. We also collaborate with research delivery leaders on other workforce-related issues, such as intelligence and planning.
We aim to improve the standards of research delivery by:
- ensuring all delivery staff have the opportunity to connect and share best practice
- supporting the development of our future clinical research delivery leaders through the application of the national CRN Integrated Workforce Framework (and other assessment tools)
- identifying the learning needs of the workforce and providing a comprehensive programme of learning, with some roles having pathways of development to be followed
- developing our Clinician Researcher and Principal Investigator community and supporting trainees to get involved in clinical research
- providing delivery staff with support in workforce planning, recruitment, career pathways and professional development
Our regional training team delivers a range of learning programmes locally to support the delivery of high quality clinical research in Greater Manchester and the North West Coast. These training programmes are freely available to all staff who contribute to NIHR portfolio studies within the Greater Manchester and North West Coast regions.
Log on to NIHR Learn and select 'CRNs North West (GM and NWC)' under the locally delivered learning tab to register for upcoming training courses or visit our dedicated site for learning and development for the North West research workforce.
Contact: (e) email@example.com
NIHR development opportunities
We also support local, regional and national initiatives which aim to develop our regional research workforce. This includes supporting the Clinical Research Practitioner Directory and the Research Scholars Programme. More information can be found on our dedicated learning and development website.