Script for talking to research participants about PRES
View the PDF version of the script. Please note this is not an accessible PDF, but the content on this page is the accessible version. We'd highly encourage you to take a look at the PDF version as it depicts the below more visually.
Please use this script to talk to participants about PRES once they have been on the study for long enough to provide meaningful feedback.
PRES is a short online survey about our experience of taking part in research. It is quick, easy to complete and anonymous. Your response will let us know how we are doing and whether we can make improvements for future participants. Are you happy to complete the survey?
- Participant says ‘no’:
- Thank you for your time.
- Participant says ‘yes’:
- Thank you. Would you like to complete the survey now, or at home in your own time?
- Participant would like to complete the survey now.
- [Visit myresearchexperience.com, log in and select the relevant study, site and survey form. Click ‘load survey form’ and hand the device to the participant to complete PRES confidentially.]
- Please let me know if you have any questions.
- Participant would like to complete the survey at home in their own time.
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, or computer and access to the internet. You can access the survey at home by entering a code on the PRES website, or you can receive a direct link to access the survey via email. Which would you prefer?
- Participant would prefer to have the code written on a card.
- [Visit myresearchexperience.com, log in and select the relevant study, site and survey form. Click ‘create survey code’ and write the code on a PRES card. Hand the card to the participant.]
- Please visit the website on the card and enter this code. The survey will appear on the page for you to complete.
- Participant would prefer to be sent a link via email.
- [Visit myresearchexperience.com, log in and select the relevant study, site and survey form. Click ‘email survey link’.]
- What is your email address?
- [Enter the participant’s email address and click ‘send code’.]
- A link to access the survey has been sent to you via email. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive it.