Research Administrator (CRN Wessex)
Job type: Bank staff
Working pattern: Flexible, part time
Pay band: £10.67 per hour (Band 3)
Closing date: Friday 22 October
Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust is the largest non-teaching hospital trust in England. With strong local ties and serving around 675,000 residents in Portsmouth and South East Hampshire, they pride themselves on providing comprehensive acute and specialist services.
The Trust has one main site, Queen Alexandra Hospital in Portsmouth, and looks after six peripheral community sites for outpatient activity.
Here at Portsmouth Staff Bank, we support the Trust with temporary staff in all staff groups. We offer our workers an excellent service that allows them to work flexibly whilst enjoying several benefits including:
Priority over agency workers
Supportive on-site teams
And many more
To make sure that our bank workers are fully supported we have a dedicated recruitment and compliance team. They work hard to ensure that our workers can start booking shifts as soon as possible. In addition, a helpful bookings desk and on-site team are there to assist them and answer any questions.
- Accurately collect, input and process all relevant and necessary data and documentation to provide an efficient and responsive data collection service
- Accurately extract and interpret data to support the departmental team in the delivery of research services and audit. Regularly creating and distributing statistical reports
- Communicate with health professionals in a confidential and professional manner
- Deal efficiently with correspondence and reports according to Trust and departmental protocols.
- File hard and soft copies of all documentation.
- Work as part of a fully co-ordinated team and be prepared to cover other clerical areas within the department, as required.
- Provide a comprehensive administrative service to the core office research staff
- Answer incoming calls in a polite and professional manner and take appropriate action as required, e.g. take messages, provide information or refer on to relevant person
- Provide receptionist support to the department by welcoming visitors to the department and deal with them appropriately
- Organise meetings with others on behalf of the Director of Research and Managers
- Word process correspondence and other documents to a high degree of accuracy
- Receive and maintain research study records, ensuring management in line with departmental procedures
- Photocopy material or organise printing by printing department
- Input data into appropriate databases and spreadsheets
- Research information using a variety of resources. Compile presentation materials, spreadsheets and graphs to agreed time scales.
- File all documentation in a timely manner and maintain an effective filing system for all departmental material, in both hard copy and electronic formats
- Process and dispatch internal and external mail promptly and appropriately
- Order items as requested and liaise with procurement, supplies and finance to ensure safe and timely delivery and ensure familiarity with Trust finance system and procedures - including specialist supplies and equipment
- Service departmental meetings including organizing room bookings and catering, sending out agendas, coordinating attendance and taking, producing and distributing minutes
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders to assist in organising key events (training, conferences) including booking speakers, organizing publicity material etc. which will involve planning various complex elements.
- Oversee the department shared email mailbox, ensuring message are dealt with or forwarded on in a timely manner
- Oversee the departmental fax machine, ensuring any urgent safety message and passed on in a timely manner
- Undertake other projects as directed by the Senior Management Team
- Support the review, processing and communications regarding amendments to research studies as requested
- Prepare agendas for research meetings as requested by Research Managers, Research Facilitators and Research Coordinators
- Take minutes and type up minutes and actions as requested, by Research Managers, Research Facilitators and Research Coordinators, and disseminate to attendees
- Provide other administrative support appropriate to the grade of the post as required
- Put into practice polices, standard operating procedures and work instructions relating to research administration including non-routine requests.
- Regularly participate in working parties developing policies and standard operating procures which will have department wide implications.
- Support and supervise Clerical Assistant (Research) including delegation of appropriate tasks and ensure completion to a high standard.