North West London Clinical Research Awards 2021 - Nominations now open
Nominations are now open for the North West London Clinical Research Awards 2021.
The Awards will look a little different to previous years. We are inviting you to nominate yourselves or your colleagues to put a spotlight on the great work taking place across our region.
The purpose of this year’s awards is to celebrate the achievements of the previous year and encourage the sharing of good practice. Specifically your achievements will demonstrate a measurable improvement at work for you, your colleagues and our patients.
The winners in each category will receive a £100 gift voucher (£200 for team winners).
The ceremony will take place online on 11 November 2021, 13:30-15:30.
There are six categories:
Outstanding Collaborative Working
This award is open to an individual or team that has made an outstanding contribution to the delivery of NIHR CRN portfolio studies by working collaboratively.
Excellence in Patient and Public Involvement and Engagement
This award recognises an individual or team that has gone the extra mile to ensure that patients, the public, their relatives and carers are involved in research projects and are aware of research opportunities.
Outstanding Research Support
This award recognises the standout contribution of an individual who has contributed to the successful set up or delivery of a clinical study.
This award celebrates the achievements of a team who have gone above and beyond in delivering research in North West London.
This category celebrates those individuals who demonstrate that they have gone the extra mile to deliver research.
This exceptional category is open to those who are in the first stages of their research career, having worked in the field for less than five years, who have gone above and beyond expectations to make a positive impact on research delivery.
Nominees may be a research nurse/practitioner, clinical research support worker or staff member working in a cross cutting role in clinical research.
In this category, the nomination will be made by colleagues and/or line managers.
There are three stages to the awards.
21 June – 30 September – Entries are open
- To enter, please complete the appropriate submission form and send to email@example.com. (Or if you are making a nomination in the Rising Star category, complete the separate nomination form).
- The submission form for the first five categories is in the style of a poster, but only requires some short sentences for each box to convey the importance of your/their work.
- We are here to give you support to complete your entry, or even help you to start a new continuous improvement project.
1 October – Shortlisting
- Our panel of independent experts will review and shortlist the entries.
- Those who are shortlisted will be invited to present their entries at the awards.
- Their posters will be displayed ahead of the awards on our intranet for research colleagues to view.
11 November – Day of Awards
- Those shortlisted will have two minutes to present their posters.
- We will then take a ten minute break to allow everyone time to vote for their favourite.
- We will hear from our guest speaker.
- Winners will then be announced.
If you have any queries relating to a continuous improvement project, please contact Richard Wong, Project Manager at the CRN North West London: firstname.lastname@example.org.