The West Midlands boasts world-class facilities, clinical infrastructure and a well-established research profile, plus access to one of the largest and most ethnically diverse populations in Europe.
Social Care Research in the West Midlands
The West Midlands Social Care Research Partnership brings together our research, practice and lived experience to improve wellbeing of individuals and communities in the West Midlands. Find out more on the Partnership website.
Network Statistics 2020/21
Key statistics about the Network for 2020/2021:
- 151,125 participants recruited into studies across the region, including Urgent Public Health studies related to Covid-19
- 468 individual sites recruited people into studies
- The Network recruited participants for 517 studies ( many were paused due to the pandemic)
- 1,920 people took part in commercial studies
- 41% of GP practices recruited patients into studies
- 1,876 people took part in primary care studies