- What information do we collect?
We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need. The information we collect may include name, your role, mailing address, email address, telephone number, and any communication preferences. Your areas of speciality We may also ask you to indicate your areas of speciality. This is for NIHR CRN information and interest only, and we may use it, for example, to invite you to engagement events, become part of any relevant committees or working groups which are within your area of interest or share any relevant updates that may impact on the delivery of research within our region and nationally. Surveys We always aim to improve the services we offer. As a result, we occasionally canvass our customers using surveys. Participation in surveys is voluntary, and you are under no obligation to reply to any survey you might receive from us.
- Why do we need your data?
The main purposes for which we collect and process your details are:
- To provide you with relevant updates with any relevant information related to the delivery of research within our region.
- To provide the service or information you have requested (such as attendance to meetings and events, portfolio adoption submissions etc)
- To gather feedback.
- What we would also like to do with your data
If you agree, we will email you with information about NIHR CRN North Thames events, research activities, and occasionally other related activities or information we think may be of interest to you. If you are happy for us to continue to contact you or on behalf of other organisations, there are a number of methods available to you to change your preferences:
- By contacting us at and requesting to opt out of mailing lists you may have been added to
- If you have an NIHR account or are signed up to any of our Google communities, you can also update your mailing preference in the settings tab
- How we store and collect your data
Your personal data is collected, stored and processed only by those people who require access to it for the purposes outlined above. This is through secure, password-protected systems, and the data is stored on servers located in the UK. We may utilise other third-party systems to enable us to collect, store or process your data (including EDGE and CPMS). We choose systems which we deem to be adequately secure and to perform their duties in compliance with European data protection regulations. How long we store your data Your personal profile will be deleted from our mailing list if we receive a request from you to have this removed, or if we receive notification you no longer work within our region. We remind you that you have a right to have your personal information deleted at any time.
- Sharing your data
We may share your personal data:
- With all NIHR CRN North Thames staff members and relevant staff at the NIHR CRN Coordinating Centre were applicable.
- We may outsource certain functions when we do not have the in-house capacity required. In such cases we will only use reputable firms and have processes in place to ensure the safe and confidential processing of personal data.
- We may also disclose personal information where required or otherwise permitted by law.
We will not share your data:
- With third-party organisations for marketing purposes (unless you have specifically consented to this).
- Outside of the EU, unless it is done in compliance with European data protection regulations.
Any personal data we share is transferred securely. Information about data sharing specific to conference and event registration is available to view in the terms and conditions on the event booking page.
- Accessing your data and your rights
Please help us to keep your information up to date by notifying us if your personal information changes or if you wish to correct it. You have a right to request the following:
- A copy of the information that we hold about you
- To have your personal data erased
- To restrict the use of your personal data (i.e. allowing us to store your personal data but not use it)
- The website traffic patterns/site statistics
We may monitor customer traffic patterns, Site usage and related Site information in order to optimise your use of the Site.
We use a third-party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website. We may use aggregated statistics in relevant meetings that may include external organisations, but these statistics will include no information personally iden
- Queries and complaints
NIHR CRN North Thames tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. For this reason, we take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. We would also welcome any suggestions for improving our procedures.
This privacy notice is intended as a brief and clear overview. We are happy to provide any additional information or explanation needed. Complaints and enquiries about, or suggestions for improvements to, our data protection processes should be directed to email@example.com If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
10. Changes to this policy
11. How to contact us
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By telephone: 020 7679 9695
By post: NIHR CRN North Thames, 3rd Floor, 170 Tottenham Court Road, W1T 7HA